Saturday, March 27, 2010

Check out this Article in the Washington Post:

I just read a great article in the Washington Post about our excess "stuff" http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/26/AR2010032603608.html. In the article it mentions that there is a new book out called "The Story of Stuff" by Annie Leonard. It sounds really good and it gets into where we get all our stuff from (globally) and where it all ends up and really examines our issues with excessive consumerism- especially as it relates to environmental impact. I'm excited to read the book since I haven't really discussed that aspect of my motivations for a year without buying. Since I'm not buying anything new, I'll have to rely on the public library system, which means waiting on a long list for it, but once I do read it, I'll post a review of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment